libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Bumping v0.19 to include 232H patches

From: Jason Hecker <jwhecker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:39:21 +1000
> If you mean what you appear to have written, the answer is blatantly
> no. Of course not. Release versions are fixed and set in stone for

OK fair enough.  I was thinking along the lines of 0.19-1 or something
like that.  Nevermind.

> 11.10 version ships with, and they can't change that any more than the
> libFTDI upstream can re-write history on v0.19!

It's a shame 0.19 missed the 232H patches by a few weeks.

> waiting for the next Ubuntu version (and persuading the distro team to
> do it).

Yes, so it'll be at least Ubuntu 12.04 before this is resolved.
Alright, I'll see if something else can be done.  Alas, it'll be a
while before the newer libftdi (which uses the libusb-1.0) which I
started with makes it out into the wild.  It was just a last minute
discovery this afternoon when testing against 0.19 that I discovered
the problem of the 232H patches missing the boat and me developing a
flat spot on my forehead.