libftdi Archives

Subject: ftdi_eeprom and FT4232H

From: Robert Pearce <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:12:07 +0100
Hello all,

I'm new here. I have designed a system with an FT4232H for which we are
using a PID allocated by FTDI. I wanted to use ftdi_eeprom to configure
this (and avoid the painful install-the-driver-eight-times-per-unit
behaviour of Windoze) but found it wouldn't do the job. The
configuration file gave the new PID and the program therefore couldn't
see the blank FT4232.

I attach a patch (against current git, I hope) that fixes this, by
changing the fall-back behaviour to try the three defaults for the
various devices, rather than only the original one.

Cheers,
Rob