libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0 branch: Support FT232H

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:02:06 +0200

    Thomas> Uwe, On Friday, 17. June 2011 21:32:17 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> appended patches add support for the FT232H.

    Thomas> Thanks for that!

    Thomas> I applied all your other patches and still have three patches in
    Thomas> my queue to apply:

    Thomas> 1-libftdi-1.0 branch_Support FT232H.mbox 3-libftdi-1.0_One more
    Thomas> FT232H related patch.mbox 4-1.0_src_ftdi.c_Fix calculation of
    Thomas> the Mode Bitfield.mbox

    Thomas> The included patch "Handle the FT232H CBUS Bits" removes the
    Thomas> explicit values from "enum ftdi_eeprom_value". This allow the
    Thomas> compiler to choose arbitrary values for the existing fields. Was
    Thomas> that intentional?

Intentional: yes.
Well thought about: no

I didn't want to manually shift all values after CBUS_FUNCTION_4 when inserting
CBUS_FUNCTION_5 to CBUS_FUNCTION_9 after CBUS_FUNCTION_4 and not at the end.
I didn't think anout the implications.
What would you propose?
- Keep the explicit numbers?
- Add CBUS_FUNCTION_5 to CBUS_FUNCTION_9 after CBUS_FUNCTION_4 and mix
everything up or add new defines like CBUS_FUNCTION_5 to CBUS_FUNCTION_9 at
the end of the old definitions to keep the old number?

Otherwise I guess
3-libftdi-1.0_One more FT232H related patch.mbox
4-1.0_src_ftdi.c_Fix calculation of the Mode Bitfield.mbox
are not applied because fof the first problem. Let me know if there are
other problems

    Thomas> Also I have to figure out how I can easily split the multi-patch
    Thomas> email, "git am" doesn't seem to pick up properly.

I can resend if you request explicit and will in future only attach one patch
to one mail.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx