libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: What blocks master and eeprom/new from a merge?

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:17:20 +0200
Uwe,

On Friday, 20. May 2011 12:43:42 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> as I am still in the steep part of the learning curve with git, at some
> point in time I accidently merged my changes to streaming read and eeprom
> to one. That way, my tree diverged from either libftdi-1.0 master and
> eeprom- new. As I need both features, maintainance is difficult.
>
> Two questions:
> Why is eeprom-new  still not merged?

It is now. Let the complaining start :) It wasn't merged as there are still
some unresolved TODO entries in the freshly included ftdi_eeprom tool.

To be precise, I wanted to merge your examples/eeprom tool
with ftdi_eeprom as there's no need to keep two tools for the same job.

> How to make sure none of my internal patches gets lost?

It should be easier now. I'll remove the "eeprom-new"
branch from the git server soonish.

There was a conflict in examples/stream_test.c which did
a lot of cosmetic changes. I kept the version from "master"
instead of "eeprom-new", please check if it's still correct.