libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT4232H, TI ADS7871 A/D Converter

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:11:16 +0800
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:00 AM, averwind <tumert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am programming under windows so I am stuck with D2xx library provided by
> FTDI. Unfortunately I wasn't able to accomplish much. I tried to convert a
> code written under linux and use D2xx's functions.

Just take note that you are not stuck with D2XX library either under
Windows or Linux. Under Linux, you can just use libftdi-0.18 (or libftdi-1.0)
without doing anything special.

Under Windows, you can still use libftdi-0.18 or libftdi-1.0. To use
libftdi-0.18 with the original FTDI driver, it is necessary to use
libusb-win32 filter driver. You can use the GUI Filter Wizard to
install the filter driver for your device.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/

To use libftdi-1.0, currently you need to switch to WinUSB
driver from the FTDI driver. You can use Zadig to do that.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/

I have also pre-built libftdi-0.18 and libftdi-1.0 Windows
binaries here.
http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list

--
Xiaofan