libftdi Archives

Subject: ftdi_eeprom: Initial eeprom size

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:01:39 +0100
Hello Uwe,

I started converting ftdi_eeprom to the new eeprom API and got quite far.

What's a bit messy is how we currently handle the ftdi->eeprom->size field:

It gets initialized with -1 and in ftdi_read_eeprom()
we try to guess the real size later on.

Which eeprom size should we assume in ftdi_eeprom tool? MAX_EEPROM_SIZE?

I'm finished for now, please have a look at the TODO entries
in the "eeprom-new" branch. Once we have sorted out
the initial eeprom size, Morgane can start working on the code.

@Morgane: Or is that exactly the part you want to work on?

Either way, feel free to send patches, I won't be able
to work on this during the week.