libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: EEPROM: Battery powered field

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:54:44 +0200
On Friday, 24. September 2010 10:54:57 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     Thomas> Hello Uwe, the "battery powered" field (byte 08.04) is
> currently Thomas> not exposed by our eeprom structure. Seems like noone
> every Thomas> missed it :o)
>
>     Thomas> I guess we should add it anyway so we can properly read/write
>     Thomas> foreign EEPROMs without "data loss", right?
>
> If there is such a flag, it should be exposed. However in the
> DS_FT232R_V205 datasheet in section 8 "Internal EEPROM Configuration" I
> don't see any mentioning of "Battery". Not in the ftd2xx.h header. I see
> however self-powered vs bus-powered  however. Do you mean this
> eventually?

The old code states addr 08, bit 04 is "battery powered", I am
wondering where that came from...

I have an old email from FTDI support stating this is
the standarized USB configuration descriptor value
from the USB 2.0 spec, section 9.6.3.

-> There's no such thing as the "battery powered" mode.
So I'll just remove the wrong comment.