libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Some realizations about the FT2232D...

From: "Michael Plante" <michael.plante@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:18:32 -0500
John Oyler wrote:
>> If my LEDs are on interface B, it doesn't even support MPSSE at all.
>> This includes bit-bang mode, right?

Not exactly.  MPSSE is one way to do bit bang.  There are others, and I
suspect they are very different.  MPSSE is the only one I've done it with,
but again, take a look at the app notes, as well as the 2232D datasheet.
The datasheet has a table of "Pin Definitions by Chip Mode" (exact phrase,
copied and pasted; I'd refer you to a page #, but I may be looking at an old
copy).  Also, in the following section, there is more info that shows that
bit-bang is completely separate from MPSSE.

Also, something I meant to mention before:  as long as you're having trouble
with synchronization in MPSSE and don't have time to code up all the stuff
needed to maintain sync, I'd suggest you try increasing your latency timer
to something high just to get started.  Like maybe the default of 16.  If
that works, you can always turn it back down later.

Michael