libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: background read

From: Martin Zenzes <mzenzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:21:24 +0200
Hi Anton,

I'm working on a similar project in the moment using libftdi.

My task is to create a "clk" signal as an output (asynchronous write)
and sample the state of an input pin. "Asynchonous BitBang Mode" to be
more precise...

So far I got a continous write using a second thread (asynch write,
configure libftdi with according switch). The reading creates some
problems in the moment, but I'm after it... I don't exactly know how to
arrange the function calls, and getting a deadlock while writing if i
read in parallel after a few seconds in libusb-1.0. Writing alone works
like a charm (2.35mhz clk from 10mhz basesignal, with ~10% jitter. Does
someone know of a faster basesignal possible?)

If you want you can have a look at my code in
http://github.com/marvin2k/micBang -- maybe this could help you. I'm
using the Signalyzer H2 dongle with an ft2232h.

Actually, I tried fastftdi yesterday in the evening with instantly good
results ;-) but no final resumee...

Greetings
        Martin