libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: In linusb-1.0, libusb_detach_kernel_driver is available unconditional

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 18:43:59 +0800
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Uwe Bonnes
<bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently libusb.h from
> libusb-1_0-devel-1.0.2-2.2
> doesn't define LIBUSB_HAS_GET_DRIVER_NP, and so libftdi-1.0 hasn't the
> ability to disconnect a kernel driver. I think, we should remove the
> #ifdef.
>
> When there is a release of libusb-1.0-win32 , some more considerations need
> to be made. Perhaps libusb-1.0/libusb.h needs to reintroduce
> LIBUSB_HAS_GET_DRIVER_NP?

Not necessary. The current libusb-1.0 Win32 codes just
return LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED for this call.

http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb-pbatard.git;a=tree
http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb-pbatard.git;a=blob_plain;f=libusb/os/windows_usb.c;hb=HEAD

static int windows_detach_kernel_driver(struct libusb_device_handle
*dev_handle, int iface)
{
        return LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED;
 }

Daniel has started to the integration process to add Win32 support
to the main libusb-1.0 tree (probably 1.0.9 version).

BTW, the current libusb version is 1.08.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com