libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: More FT2232H USB->serial woes

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Gerd v. Egidy" <gerd.von.egidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:20:25 +0100
Hello Terry,

On Wednesday, 16. December 2009 12:40:12 T. Horsnell wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm having a miserable time trying to use USB->serial on a FT2232H
>  mini-module. I have:
> . Channel-A TX pin connected to Channel-A RX pin
> . Channel-A TXLED# connected to VCC
> . Channel-A RXLED# connected to VCC
>
> I use the attached test program to:
> . Open channel A
> . Disable channel-A flow control
> . Set channel-A baudrate to 1 Mbaud.
> . Write 1 char to channel-A
> . Read 1 char from channel-A
>
> I plug in the mini-module, do 'rmmod ftdi_sio usbserial'
> and run the program. It works once, and the TXLED and RXLED both flick.
> After that, it no longer works, and neither the TXLED or RXLED flick.
> Instead, it just loops in the ftdi_read_data loop until I
> re-plug the mini-module. Then it works just once again, and
> loops thereafter. And so on..

So basically the ftdi_write_data() call gets lost
the second time you run the program?

We had a "first ftdi_write_data()" call gets lost problem
in the past and might still have it. My colleague tried
to trace it down as it doesn't seem to happen when using
the closed source D2XX drivers. IIRC the last status
was that it might be timing related, maybe he can
comment on the issue.