libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Cant do simple serial-mode writes on FT2232H mini-module

From: "T. Horsnell" <tsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:32:33 +0000
This is exactly what I was getting. However, we think we have solved it.
Using FT_Prog, we saw that the device was programmed to be in FIFO mode.
Selecting RS232UART mode has fixed things. We had foolishly assumed that
this was the default...

And thanks Thomas, I'll pick up the latest lib code. We certainly want
to go as fast as possible  - 12Mbaud if you believe the datasheet.

Thanks to all for your support, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Cheers,
Terry

"T" == T Horsnell <tsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    T> Hi, I'm struggling with what ought to be the most straightforward
    T> thing.  I'm trying to write to channel A of an FT2232H mini-module in
    T> serial mode, but after writing a total of 4096 bytes, the writes hang
    T> and I get an error -110 returned.  Presumably the buffer on the
    T> mini-module has filled up. But why is this not being emptied as the
    T> device send things to its serial pin?  I've set flow-control to
    T> SIO_DISABLE_FLOW_CTRL (does this function actually work? It seems to
    T> return success even if I try idiot values like -1 or 12345 for the
    T> flow-control parameter).

On my FT2232H borad I get
setting up channel A
ftdi open A succeeded: 0
setting flowcontrol
loop=0
loop=1
loop=2
loop=3
loop=4
write failed for ff, error -110 - usb bulk write failed