libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Patches applied

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:23:43 +0100
Hello Jim,

On Tuesday, 10. November 2009 22:10:10 Jim Paris wrote:
> > Now we just need a fix for the
> >
> > "FT2232H bug: wrong maxpacket at full speed"
> >
> > issue ;)
>
> Probably something like the below patch.  Note, only lightly tested
> (it returns 64 on my full-speed device here), and maybe it's something
> that should instead be stored in ftdi_context every time the interface
> changes.

Thanks for the code! I wanted to cook up a small example program
to send to the list - now I can concentrate on integrating this :)

Storing the value inside the ftdi_context is a good idea. Also we need some
more safety checks for NULL pointers as dev->config might be missing:
http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi;a=commitdiff;h=a56ba2bd557e7c7804b288aee2dcc42c8037b03c

Maybe some fallback value to 512 / 64 is nice, too, if the config descriptor
is not present or contains a bogus value (like zero).