libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Get serial number

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:11:22 +0200

    Damien> Thank you for this fats answer.  I used FT_PROG to check the
    Damien> chip programation and it looks like it's well programmed. The
    Damien> serial number is correctly set, as well as other parameters.
    Damien> Despite this, the read function return 255 for each byte.  Is it
    Damien> possible that in this version of the chip, the command to read
    Damien> eeprom is different? (SIO_READ_EEPROM_REQUEST = 0x90)

I have FT2232H boards, and a hacked wine version translating win-ftd2xx
calls to linux ftd2xx calls. I set the FT2232H values that way. Now I read
out the device, with USB snooping enabled via

echo 1 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_snoop

and I see repeated calls like

usb 2-3.4: usbdev_ioctl: CONTROL
usb 2-3.4: control read: bRequest=90 bRrequestType=c0 wValue=0000 wIndex=007d
wLength=0002
usb 2-3.4: control read: data 00 00
usb 2-3.4: usbdev_ioctl: CONTROL
usb 2-3.4: control read: bRequest=90 bRrequestType=c0 wValue=0000 wIndex=007e
wLength=0002
usb 2-3.4: control read: data 00 00
usb 2-3.4: usbdev_ioctl: CONTROL
usb 2-3.4: control read: bRequest=90 bRrequestType=c0 wValue=0000 wIndex=007f
wLength=0002
usb 2-3.4: control read: data 12 11

So these should be the SIO_READ_EEPROM_REQUEST = 0x90 calls.

If you send me your  programm. I can test with my device.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx