libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: usb.h

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:32:33 +0800
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Florian Beier
<florian.beier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, libusb-win32 did the trick, thx!
> My number_of_devices = ftdi_usb_find_all(&ftdi, &list, 0x0403,
> 0x6010); returns always 0 devices.
> Any idea what I am missing? Device is FTD2232D an the line above works
> fine in my linux system.

In order to use libftdi under Windows, you have to install the
libusb-win32 driver. It is recommended you use the libusb-win32
device driver. The filter driver is known to cause problem like
BSOD or total loss of USB devices in Vista and even some XP
installations. You need to use the INF wizard to create the
INF file and replace the default FTDI driver with the libusb-win32
device driver.

And take note FTDI2232D is a composite device.
Depending on your needs, you can use libusb-win32 device
driver for one interface or both of the interfaces. Take note
you need to use the latest 0.1.12.2 to support USB composite
device (libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.12.2.tar.gz).

Example:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/attachments/20090622/7ced8bcb/attachment.ksh

Also take note right now libusb-win32 will not work on 64bit
Vista and Windows 7 due to digital signature issue.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com