libftdi Archives

Subject: Problem using python bindings (array of pointers)

From: Daniel Chabrol <chabrol@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:21:26 +0200
Hello all!

I stuck with the ftdi_device_list parameter of ftdi_usb_find_all(). I was not able to find a way to create an compatible object in python, which represents this array of pointers. ftdi_device_list() creates only an object of type 'ftdi_device_list *' which does not match. If you put this object in a python list the error still occurs (TypeError: in method 'ftdi_usb_find_all', argument 2 of type 'struct ftdi_device_list **'). I hope someone is already using the new python bindings an can give me a hint or a piece of sample code.

Best regards,
Daniel