libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Vendor and Product ID are 0x0000

From: Bodo Alaze <B.Alaze@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:13:56 +0200
Hi Marius,

thanks für your quick response. Yes I tried MPROG, but this fails too..."No Chip found"
.
The returncode from ftdi_usb_open() is "-8: get product description failed"

The lsusb -v command returns:

Bus 002 Device 008: ID 0000:0000 Device Descriptor:
 bLength                18
 bDescriptorType         1
 bcdUSB               2.00
 bDeviceSubClass         0
 bDeviceProtocol         0
 bMaxPacketSize0         8
 idVendor           0x0000
 idProduct          0x0000
 bcdDevice            6.00
 iManufacturer           1 Micronas
 iProduct                2 KLA70 Dongle
 iSerial                 0
 bNumConfigurations      1
 Configuration Descriptor:
   bLength                 9
   bDescriptorType         2
   wTotalLength           32
   bNumInterfaces          1
   bConfigurationValue     1
   iConfiguration          0
   bmAttributes         0x80
     (Bus Powered)
   MaxPower                0mA
   Interface Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         4
     bInterfaceNumber        0
     bAlternateSetting       0
     bNumEndpoints           2
     bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
     bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
     bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
     iInterface              2 KLA70 Dongle
     Endpoint Descriptor:
       bLength                 7
       bDescriptorType         5