libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM (CBUS bits)

From: Nicolas MASSART <nmassart+intra2net@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:14:52 +0200
Hi,

I used Mprog under windows to configure the eeprom. This is done by
changing a drop down list value. very simple.
You have the ability to output all data written to the eeprom as hexa.
Perhaps a diff can help you to figure what data to change on the eeprom
to activate CBUS pins without mprog...
it's also a goal for my piece of code to be able to set pins cbus mode
(I just change input or output types and levels for now). I'll tell you
if my work progress.

Cheers,
Nicolas.

Marius Kintel a écrit :
Hi,

Related to the thread about CBUS started by Nicolas, have anyone figured out how to write the CBUS configuration to EEPROM? This document is available from FTDI, but only upon request and under an NDA (for some reason).

I guess it's a matter of writing some EEPROMs using MProg, alternatively trace the D2XX libs, but if someone already did, that would save some time. I'm not in a hurry, but from time to time I get inspiration to play a bit with the FTDI chips, and thus libftdi.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.