ipt_ACCOUNT Archives

Subject: ipt_ACCOUNT ipv6 support

From: Anton Khalikov <anton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ipt_ACCOUNT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:24:46 +0500
Hello everyone

I wonder if there are any plans to add ipv6 support to ipt_ACCOUNT? I know there is shiny new nfacct tool but it is useless when it comes to task to count traffic on per host basis on large networks. And also there is conntrack, but again, it becomes useless and even bottleneck during DDoS attacks while ipt_ACCOUNT never failed. ipt_ACCOUNT stayed alive and didn't eat CPU too much even when 1Gbps and 600kpps DDoS happened. So at the moment there is no high performance and low CPU usage substitution for ipt_ACCOUNT from my point of view. You guys did a great job and thank you for that. Would you like to continue?

--
Best regards
Anton Khalikov

--