ipt_ACCOUNT Archives

Subject: Re: BIG ENDIAN patches

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ipt_ACCOUNT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:52:15 +0200
Hello Leonardo,

On Tuesday, 13. October 2009 15:14:35 Leonardo Secci wrote:
> Solving some problem on porting ipt_ACCOUNT on OpenWRT for a mips
>  architecture with "Big Endian" byte-order, I developed two patches that
>  can be usefull for someone.
>
> The first patch apply on ipt_ACCOUNT kernel module for linux-2.6 and use
> preprocessor directives to support both byte-order.
>
> Second patch apply on iptaccount tool.

Thanks for your patches! Just returned from vacation.

I took an intensive look at them and was wondering if we could
solve this in a way without all those #ifdefs?

Would it be possible to change the internal u_int32_t types
f.e. to __be32 and use htonl() on the bitmasks/shift operations?

What do you think?

ipt_ACCOUNT - see http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/ipt_ACCOUNT for details.